Apples aren’t the only delicious baked fruit! If you’re a fan of classic Navel Oranges, you’ll love this healthy, low-calorie treat. Honey adds extra sweetness to balance the orange’s natural tanginess, while warm, fragrant cinnamon brings out its natural flavor. For extra decadence, add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream while still warm!
⅛ tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. honey
¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to the broil setting.
- Cut orange in half and carefully run a knife around the outside of pulp to separate pulp from peel. Cut a crisscross pattern in the pulp to form wedges.
- On each orange half, add 1 teaspoon honey, 4-5 drops of vanilla extract, and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon (to taste). Use a basting brush or spoon to lightly distribute the topping on across the tops of the oranges.
- Place orange halves, pulp-side up, on a baking sheet. (If needed, scrunch aluminum foil underneath the oranges to help them balance on the baking sheet.) Broil oranges until bubbling and starting to lightly brown around the edges (3-5 minutes).
- Serve warm and top with whipped cream, cool whip, or ice cream if desired.