Classic Negroni Cocktail Recipe2018-10-01
If you are looking for a drink that perfectly interprets balance and simplicity then the classic Negroni cocktail is a must! It is simple to make, easy to drink, and a great adult beverage for any occasion.
The unique flavor, slight bitterness, and refreshing quality make the classic Negroni drink well suited to a wide range of tastes. It is an appropriate drink for afternoon, night, or any setting from casual to elegant.
What makes the Negroni exquisite is the orange twist used to finish the rim of the glass. This addition adds an aromatic element that softens the astringent notes, sweetens the bitter taste, and provides the balance so often sought after by the Negroni enthusiasts.
Fun Fact: Did you know that the navel orange traditionally used to make the orange twist garnish, is named for the navel-like spot found at the blossom end of the fruit? This navel formation is actually an undeveloped twin fruit that conjoins after blossoming.
How to make a Classic Negroni Cocktail
Prep Time: 5 mins
Ready in: 5 mins
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 oz. best-quality dry gin, such as Plymouth
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. best-quality sweet (rosso) vermouth, such as Carpano Antica
- 1 Pittman & Davis Navel Orange
- Use a large glass or cocktail shaker and fill halfway with ice. Add the gin, Campari and vermouth. Using a long-handled spoon stir for 20-30 seconds then strain into a chilled rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Next, peel a 3-inch by ½-inch piece of orange peel while avoiding the pith to create the orange twist garnish. Press the peel to release the citrus oil then run it around the rim of the glass. Drop the peel into the drink then serve.