With picnic and barbeque season kicking off this summer, the easy to prepare Grilled Chicken Pineapple Sliders are perfect was to please any group of friends or family you have over. Just toss your boneless chicken breast halves in marinade then after an hour grill the chicken and pineapple rings. Viola! You have delicious BBQ sliders to serve to your family and friends.
- Pineapple which is one of the ingredients for this recipe is a tropical fruit originally from South America and named due to its resemblance to pine cones. Explorer Christopher Columbus discovered the pineapple in Guadeloupe in 1493 and called it piña de Indes which means “pine of the Indians.”
- Pineapple is not a single fruit but rather the pineapple consists of multiple fruit formed from conjoined berries.
How to make Grilled Chicken Pineapple Sliders
Prep Time: 6 mins
Cook in: 14 mins
Ready in: 1 hr 20 mins
1 lemon, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
6 Pittman & Davis pineapple rings
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
6 slices red onion
6 Hawaiian bread rolls – split and toasted
6 lettuce leaves – rinsed and dried
- Using a large bowl, mix together lemon juice, lime juice, cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Add and mix chicken in the marinade for even coating. Cover your bowl with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, & oil the grate.
- Take out chicken from fridge. Remove from marinade and shake off excess. Throw away any remaining marinade. Grill each side of the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until juice oozes out when chicken is pierced. At the same time grill both sides of the pineapple rings for 2-3 minutes and until heated and grill marks appear.
- Spread a teaspoon of teriyaki sauce on bottom half of a toasted roll. Then top that with lettuce, followed by a piece of chicken, a pineapple ring, an onion slice and lastly the top bun of the roll. Repeat process with the remaining rolls.