Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad Recipe2020-02-05
Summer may be months away but that doesn’t mean we cannot prepare tasty, colorful dishes that can lift our spirits during the cold and bleak winter days. If you are unsure what to prepare, you may want to make Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad – a tasty treat that will fill your tummy and make your heart feel warm and cozy.
Before we give you the recipe, let us first talk about the health benefits you will get from adding oranges to your diet.
- Oranges are packed with Vitamin A, C, and E, which can help boost the immune system and prevent us from contracting diseases. These vitamins are also powerful antioxidants that can eradicate cancer-causing free radicals that may cause damage to our DNA.
- If you are trying to lose weight, oranges are your best bet. Oranges are low in calories, have a low Glycemic Index, have almost non-existent Carbohydrates, and are high in Fiber.
- Oranges protect the heart and they help lower the risk of high blood pressure and contracting heart diseases. Aside from vitamin C, dietary fiber, and potassium in oranges, they also contain Polymethoxylated Flavones that are known to effectively lower cholesterol levels.
How to make Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yields: 6 servings
- ½ cup Navel Orange juice
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, seasoning blend, and sugar. Set aside about 1/2 cup for basting.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the reserved portion of the dressing, or until juices run clear. Cool, and cut into strips. Discard basting sauce.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, oranges, broccoli, and carrots. Top the salad with grilled chicken strips, and drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.