5 Fruits for Flawless Skin
Want to look younger? Eat fruit! With the way they benefit your skin (not to mention your overall health), fresh fruit (like cherries, or even dried fruit like apricots) is an ideal addition to your daily diet. The essential vitamins and minerals contained in fruits help in the production of collagen, which in turn makes your skin radiant, healthy, and firm.
Food nutritionists have discovered that inclusion of specific healthy food items in your diet may help your complexion as they switch off genes responsible for causing inflammation and strengthen your body to build and repair tissues.
Packed with healthy antioxidants, fruit is one of those foods that contributes to youthful, healthy skin because it fights the free radicals that cause premature aging, switches off the genes responsible for causing inflammation, as well as strengthen your body to build and repair tissues. Including a wide variety of colorful fruits can help keep your skin youthful, glowing, and healthy. Here are just a few you can find at Pittman & Davis:
5 Pittman & Davis Fruits That Will Give You Glowing Skin
- Oranges. Who doesn’t love the fresh, tangy flavor of a juicy Navel Orange? Many people love to order Florida oranges from Pittman & Daivs, but this brightly colored fruit is not only delicious – it also offers many benefits to your skin.
How oranges help your skin. Oranges of all varieties are packed with Vitamin C, which is a powerhouse for preventing oxidative damage and photodamage. Enriched with antioxidants, oranges also help prevent DNA damage, boost collagen production, and minimize inflammation.
- Watermelon. There’s nothing like digging into a juicy watermelon on a hot day! But this summer picnic classic is more than refreshing and delicious – it’s healthful for your body and skin, too (particularly for those with sensitive skin or who are prone to acne).
How watermelon help your skin. With “water” right in the name, you can guess that watermelon is known for being very hydrating. More than 90% water, the juicy red fruit is helps flush toxins from your skin helps regulate the digestive system. It’s also a great source of vitamins A, C, B1, and B6, as well as carotenoids and flavonoids. Additionally, the lycopene that gives watermelon its brilliant, scarlet hue helps prevent your skin form the damage caused by free radicals.
- Pineapple. Fresh pineapples are another summertime treat you can order from Pittman & Davis – and another food that helps your skin. In fact, many skincare professionals use pineapples in face masks due to their ability to promote cell regeneration.
How pineapples help your skin. Ever hear of bromelain? It’s an enzyme that minimizes skin inflammation and helps renew dead skin cells. Pineapple is an excellent source of bromelain, as well as A, C, and K. Pineapple also contains important minerals that help promote skin health, too.
- Mangoes. A favorite the world over for its succulent tropical flavor, mangos are a special summer delicacy. They also contain healing properties that are known to revitalize skin health, making the mango a popular ingredient in many skincare products and routines.
How mangoes help your skin. You can feel great about enjoying a Florida mango from Pittman & Davis as a snack because, in addition to being delicious, it’s also rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K (all crucial to skin health). Mangoes also xanthophylls, polyphenolics, flavonoids, and beta carotene, and have anti-inflammatory properties that help protect your skin from damage caused by the sun.
- Apples. You know apples are healthy! (After all, it was Benjamin Franklin who declared that “an apple a day keeps the doctor way.”) But did you know that snacking on a nutritious, glowing apple can also help you enjoy glowing skin?
How apples help your skin. When you order apples from Pittman & Davis, you’re getting a sweet, crispy snack that’s rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamins A and C, and dietary fiber, all of which are very beneficial to the health of your skin. Not only that, but apples are also a potent source of antioxidants, which aid in eliminating free oxygen radicals from your system. They also make effective natural skincare products…to boost dull, dry skin, you can apply fresh apple pulp mixed with a few drops of honey for instant hydration!
If you have been facing skin issues like tired, wrinkled, lifeless, dry, or dull skin, then eating fruits can help. In fact, including wholesome and seasonal fruits in your daily diet is the best possible way to provide a natural shine and glow to your skin.
While some people have naturally flawless skin, the rest of off sometimes need a bit of help in getting a radiant complexion. By incorporating some of all of the above fruits into your daily diet, you can enjoy healthy, glowing skin yourself!
Other Articles You May Find Interesting:
• Maintaining Skin with Grapefruit Oil
• 6 Health Benefits of Mangoes
• 5 of the Best Winter Fruits
• Is Watermelon Healthy?
Shop Fresh Food & Fruit Gifts
An incredible assortment of gourmet gifts, such as King Comice pears, smoked meats, cheeses, pastries, candies and many other specialty gift items. And, don’t forget, Standard Shipping is ALWAYS absolutely free!Shop Now