6 Health Benefits of Mangoes
Few can resist the temptation of a fresh mango on a hot summer’s day. Not just for eating out of hand, mango adds amazing tropical flavor to smoothies and main dishes while also adding a nutritious punch. Delicious Tropical Mangoes (like those from Pittman & Davis!) add a fresh tanginess that brings balance to sweet desserts and savory dishes.
Mango Health Benefits
In addition to being delicious, mangoes are packed with amazing health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Boosts your immune system. Mangoes are packed with many vitamins and antioxidants. And consumption of an average-sized mango can fulfill up to two-third of the recommended daily need of vitamin C. And antioxidants in mango boosts the immunity.
- Reduces risk of heart disease. Mango contains fiber, potassium, and vitamins that help to keep the arteries working and reduce the risk of heart diseases. And including mangoes in your diet also helps to reduce body fat and control blood sugar levels. And being a rich source of beta-carotene, mangoes reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Improves eye health. Beta-carotene and vitamin A in mangoes improve eye health, as deficiency of vitamin A may lead to blindness. Mangoes are rich source of zeaxanthin, and invariably improve eye health. And lutein in mangoes also helps to improve eye health.
- Reduces risk of skin cancer. Carotenoids, ascorbic acid, terpenoids, polyphenols, and unique antioxidants in mango helps to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Promotes skin health. Mangoes provide numerous benefits to the skin including skin hydration, UV rays’ protection, lighter skin tone, prevention from premature ageing, and boosts collagen production, and much more.
- May help prevent breast cancer. In a major scientific breakthrough, it was found that mangoes may also prevent breast cancer. According to researchers at Texas A&M University, their study shows that mango helps to stop certain colon and breast cancer cells in the lab.
Eating just a single mango gives you three times the recommended daily intake of vitamins A and C and more beta-carotene than any other fruit. They’re also high in energy, low in fat and a rich source of calcium!
Where Can You Get the Best Mangos?
When you order mango online from Pittman & Davis, you get a juicy, exotic flavor like you can’t get from chain store mangoes. We take special care in packing our mangoes so they arrive in perfect condition, and we sent them right to you – or to your grateful recipient. Yes, fresh Tropical Mangoes from Pittman & Davis make an amazing and unique gift that’s sure to impress – and a very healthy one, too!