Tropical Cobb Salad Recipe2019-04-03
Cobb Salad is a spring favorite and is a great way to combine hearty ingredients with a delicious salad. This version blends the tropical goodness of Pittman & Davis mangoes with a refreshing dressing to give this traditional dish a tropical twist. This Tropical Cobb Salad is a meal in itself. Try it today.
- 7 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into ¾” pieces
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 cups green lettuce
- 2 ripe avocados sliced
- 2 Pittman & Davis mangoes peeled and sliced
- ¼ red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- sea salt, mild red pepper flakes, and mint leaves
- In a large frying pan cook crushed garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until just browned. Add chicken, sprinkle with kosher salt, and sauté for about four minutes until chicken is browned. Remove from heat, add curry powder, stir, and allow to cook for one minute. Remove cooked chicken and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, five tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of kosher salt, and whisk thoroughly.
- Arrange lettuce, chicken, avocado, mango, onion, and tomatoes on a large platter and drizzle with dressing. Top with sea salt, mild red pepper flakes, mint leaves, and serve.