Candied Orange Rind Bars Recipe2019-03-14
Introducing our third place winner in the Pittman & Davis Employee orange recipe contest. Share this sweet treat with your family and friends!
The candied orange rind is made form navel oranges and boiled until translucent vibrant color. It is then dusted with sweet sugar.
How to make Candied Orange Rind Bars
- 2 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 2 Cups of flour (use 1/2 cup to dip orange rinds in)
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda (dissolved in 2 Tbs water)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Candied Orange Rinds, chopped
- Mix thoroughly, spread thin in greased 9 1/2 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Test for doneness.