This tropical rice pudding recipe is easy to make and irresistible! Inspired by a classic Thai dessert, Sticky Rice with Coconut and Mango is delicious warm or chilled. Sure to be a hit with the whole family!
2 Pittman & Davis Tropical Mangoes, cut into pieces and chilled
15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
1½ c. Thai sweet rice
3 Tbsp. packed grated raw or brown sugar
1¼ tsp. kosher salt
Toasted sesame seeds and lime wedges for garnish
- Pour coconut milk into a large measuring cup or medium bowl. Fill empty can with water and add to coconut milk, whisking to combine. Add rice, cover, and let sit at room temperature 8–12 hours (coconut cream will rise to the top as rice soaks; whisk to combine before straining). Strain rice through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl; reserve ¾ cup soaking liquid.
- Choose a large saucepan with a lid. Spread a clean kitchen towel on a work surface and place lid in the center, handle up. Tie 4 corners of towel together on top of lid.
- Bring rice, sugar, salt, and reserved ¾ cup soaking liquid to a simmer in saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed (about 15–25 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes. Using a fork, break up separate rice into smaller clumps; rice will be very sticky.
- Divide warm rice among small bowls. Serve with mango alongside. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with lime wedges.