Skinny Orange Chicken Recipe2020-03-09
It may be cold and colorless outside because of the snow that blankets everything within sight but that doesn’t mean you cannot have sunny colors inside. When it is boring and drab outside, what you should do is add color and zest to your life by eating food that would remind you of a fun summer and make you look forward to months when everything is warm and lively again.
If you agree, I suggest that you try your hand at cooking Skinny Orange Chicken. It is tasty and summery, plus it is easy to prepare and cook, so you don’t have to be a pro to make it.
It is Nutritious
This dish is not only delicious but it is also nutritious as it makes use of coconut oil and Navel Orange juice. Navel orange juice contains vitamin A and C, potassium, calcium, beta-carotene, and citrates – these are vitamins and minerals that can boost the immune system and promote overall health.
How to make Skinny Orange Chicken
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yields: 3 – 4 servings
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Cara Cara Orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish optional
- Melt coconut oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken pieces and cook until cooked through and browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, stir together chicken stock, honey or maple syrup, garlic, orange zest, orange juice, coconut aminos, hot sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes. Pour into heated skillet once chicken has been removed and reduce to low heat. Cook, stirring often, until sauce has been reduced and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and pour over chicken.
- To serve, spoon chicken over a bed of broccoli and then spoon on additional sauce. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe