Fruit Baskets: The Right Gift for Any Special Occasion
Got an important date coming up, but not sure what to get that special someone? Consider a fruit basket! Gift baskets are always popular presents because they can include an assortment (meaning the recipient is bound to receive something he or she enjoys), they can be shared (so your recipient’s whole family gets to enjoy your gift), and they always fit!
Fruit baskets are especially popular because they work for many occasions, and (even better) they fit in with most dietary needs (almost everyone can enjoy sweet, healthy fruit!).
Baskets of Fruit: Not Just for the Winter Holidays
Fruit baskets (particularly citrus fruit baskets containing winter oranges, grapefruit, and other winter citrus fruits) have long been popular Christmas gifts because their bright color, invigorating fragrance and refreshing taste are especially welcome during the cold, dark winter months. But you don’t need to stop there – a gift basket containing fruit and other gourmet foods or gifts can work for just about any holiday.
Here are a few more holiday gift basket ideas:
- Valentine’s Day. “Chocolate” and “Valentine’s Day” are practically synonymous, but if you really want to impress your Valentine, an assorted fruits basket is sure to stand out. You don’t have to leave out the candy, either…a citrus fruits gift basket containing chocolate is an excellent idea because fresh citrus fruit can enhance the flavor of good, exotic dark chocolate. For health nuts, this will be an especially welcome treat, so consider spicing up Valentine’s Day with a chocolate and fruit gift basket this year!
- Easter. What could be more natural? “Easter” and “basket” go together like peanut butter and jelly! We know…you’re probably remembering that the fabled bunny’s baskets are generally filled with candy, not fruit. But they don’t have to be – or at least, not entirely. If you want a healthier alternative, a basket that includes citrus fruits as well as candy, nuts or savory snacks is an excellent choice. The brilliant colors and fresh scents of delicious exotic fruits stand out beautifully in an Easter basket.
- Mother’s Day. You send Mom flowers every year, so why not surprise her this year with a beautiful spring market basket full of fresh citrus fruit instead? Naturally sweet and shipped at the peak of freshness so they’re bursting with healthy, delicious juice, citrus fruit “keep” for weeks in the fridge, so she’ll get to enjoy them a lot longer than cut flowers!
Other Special Occasions
- Weddings. Looking for wedding favors that are appropriate for everyone and don’t cost a fortune? Citrus fruits are perfect. Bulk boxes of Clementines, tangelos and other exotic fruits are affordable and give you dozens of wedding favors per box. Use individual fruits as favors, or mix and match them in baskets as a reception centerpiece that can also serve as a snack. Pairing wedding cake with sweet oranges adds gourmet flair to your reception, while grapefruits are perfect for morning weddings or for making custom cocktails. Invest in a few custom citrus fruit baskets or bulk boxes and you’ll have colorful, healthy wedding favor treats that everyone can enjoy.
- Birthdays. Throwing birthday parties has become really complicated because so many people have unique dietary restrictions. When you buy a few citrus fruit gift baskets to place around the room as decorations or to be used as party favors, you ensure that there will be something at the party that nearly everyone can eat, regardless of their dietary needs. You can even use a fruit basket as a prize for a party game!
- Get Well/Sympathy. Gifts of flowers and plant gifts are the traditional choice for get-well gifts and sympathy gifts, but a basket with fruit can be a welcome gift for either occasion. Someone recovering from an illness can definitely benefit from a basket of healthy, delectable fruit, while providing a gift of fruit to a bereaved family can save them a trip to the grocery store.
These are just a few instances in which a citrus fruit gift basket can be a welcome and appropriate gift, but there are many more…just use your imagination, and you’ll never have to think hard about what to give someone again!