Cara Cara Orange Cake Recipe2020-02-05
We eat cake for many reasons. It could be because we are celebrating a happy event like a birthday or wedding, or because we have a sweet tooth and cake will always best satisfy our craving. Cakes can also induce production of endorphins that can help lift our sagging spirits.
If you want to eat cake but are worried that it might be bad for your diet or that it is not healthy, then you can always make or buy fruit-inspired cakes like Cara Cara Orange Cake and Mango Chantilly.
Did you know that when you use fruits when making cakes they not only give your sweet creation a wonderful taste but you are also adding additional health benefits? Take Cara Cara Orange as an example. It is rich in Vitamin C that can help boost the immune system and help fight off bacteria and eliminate free radicals. It is also naturally sweet, low in fat and calories, and does not contain any cholesterol. What’s more, it also contains other nutrients like Folate, Calcium, Potassium, and dietary fiber. So go ahead and indulge yourself with a sweet, delicious and healthy treat!
How to make Cara Cara Orange Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yields: 2 8-inch layers
- 250 grams (about 2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice (from about 2 oranges)
- 1 teaspoon Cara Cara Orange zest (from about 1 orange)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz (one package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, room temperature)
- 250 grams (about 2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 2 cake pans (you can use 2 8-inch round cake pans).
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, orange juice, orange zest, yogurt, vanilla, eggs and sugar. Sift in the dry mixture and whisk together just until combined.
- Pour into pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, whip up the cream cheese with the butter until light and airy.
- Add powdered sugar, a pinch of salt, orange zest and juice and whip until smooth.
- Ice cooled cakes.