Cheesecake Fruit Bar Recipe2019-03-07
Introducing our second place winner in our Pittman & Davis Employee Citrus contest. This Cheesecake Fruit Bar is a must try!
How to make a Cheesecake Fruit Bar
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp sugar
- 1 or 1/2 Tsp of salt (as desired)
- 1/2 cup of oil (Canola)
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1/2 cup of pecans (options)
- 8oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tsp of vanilla
- 8oz. Cool Whip
- 3 Pittman & Davis Grapefruit (peeled)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 3oz. strawberry jello package
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Once mixed, pour into the baking pan and pat cruet into the shape of the pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of oven and let crust cool before adding the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and gradually pour in sugar.
- Blend the sour cream, vanilla and Cool Whip well. Fold into the cream cheese.
- Once smooth, spread onto pan with crust.
- In a pot, turn on high heat and combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and salt. Mix until thick and clear.
- While on heat, add the jello mixture. Stir until dissolved and jello begins to set.
- Remove membrane from grapefruit sections (just want the pulp). Drain in a strainer and cut into small pieces. Set aside when done.
- Chill jello mixture but not too much. When jello starts to thicken, add the pieces of grapefruit.
- Pour over cream cheese and spread evenly.
- Chill till set and enjoy.