Grilled Pork Chops with Spiced Pears Recipe2020-11-03
A sweet and savory sweet pork rub gives the chops a tangy kick while the spicy pear chutney balances the flavor nicely. Tastes (and smells) amazing!
- 1½ lbs. thin-sliced pork chops (about 8-10)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. plus ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pears, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Kosher salt to taste
- Mix together brown sugar, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Thoroughly coat each chop and allow to stand at at room temperature before grilling (about 20 minutes). Grill over medium heat until done, turning once. Remove chops from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes before cutting into the meat.
- Combine pears, vinegar, water, ground ginger, kosher salt and remaining chili powder and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until pears are softened and coated with the sauce.
- Spoon pear chutney over the chops and serve. Makes 6-8 servings.