Pittman & Davis Cherry Pie Crumb Bars2021-05-20
Backed with fresh cherry goodness, these tasty snack bars will keep you coming back for more! A quick and easy alternative to cherry pie, these Cherry Pie Crumb Bars feature a crunchy, buttery crumb topping and sweet, summer-tasting Bing Cherries. Serve as dessert with a scoop of ice cream or take them along in your lunch box!
½ c. unsalted butter melted , cooled to room temperature
½ c. granulated sugar
1½ c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 c. Pittman & Davis Bing Cherries, pitted and halved
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° Prepare an 8” square baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and butter the bottoms and sides. Set aside.
- Stir together cherries, cornstarch and lemon juice in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir together melted butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir with a fork until crumbly.
- Reserve ¾ cup of mixture and press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan to form a crust. Spread cherry filling over the crust, then sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over filling. Sprinkle sugar over crumb topping.
- Bake bars until golden on top (about 23-25 minutes). Cool completely before cutting.