Citrus Tart Recipe2019-02-26
Introducing our first annual Pittman & Davis Employee Citrus contest. The goal was to create the best citrus dish. Our grand prize winner was a Citrus Tart!
How to make a Citrus Tart
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 16 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Pittman & Davis Navel Orange Zest
- 2 1/2 Tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Pittman & Davis Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Assorted Citrus
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- Preheat over to 350.
- For the dough: combine the powdered sugar, butter, and flour. Use hands to mix well. Will be crumbly but will come together.
- Take the dough and press into a tart pan. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, orange zest and vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spread filling on top of tart crust evenly. Chill for 1 hour.
- To make the syrup, combine the cornstarch, juice, sugar, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick. Set aside.
- To candy the fruit, mix sugar and water in a pan. Stir until dissolved. Bring to a simmer. Place fruit slices into the pan an simmer for 1 hour. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Arrange candied fruit on top of the tart. Pour syrup over fruit and serve.