Honeybell, Strawberry and Spinach Salad Recipe2019-01-15
Today people are health conscious and carful of what they eat. Most of us want healthy food on our table that is easy to prepare yet also delicious and appetizing. I guess this is the reason why smoothies and salads are in demand.
In many salad and smoothie recipes citrus fruits are usually included. It is because they are tasty, offer diverse and refreshing flavors, and most especially have many health benefits.
Take Honeybells for instance. The Honeybell is a seedless, great tasting fruit that boasts of bursting sweet juice only available in the cold month of January. This heavenly tasting fruit contains vitamins and minerals essential in protecting the body from free radicals. It contains high vitamin C that helps boost the immune system and protect us from the common cold. One other important element found in this citrus fruit is hespederidin, an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergen bioflavonoid. Honeybells also have calcium that is good for the bones and high amount of dietary fiber that make you feel full and satiated for a long period of time. This salad is a delicious way to enjoy Honeybells.
How to make a Honeybell, Strawberry and Spinach Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Ready In: 15 mins
- 4 slices thick cut bacon (optional)
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 2 Pittman & Davis HoneyBells (or orange alternative), peeled, segmented, membraned, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup rough chopped shelled pistachios
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp.
- When cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool, then crumble.
- Pour the bacon fat into a small saucepan and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, add the spinach, orange segments, strawberries, mushrooms, bacon, and onion.
- Toss to combine all ingredients, & serve with your favorite vinaigrette.