Lavender and Bruleed Grapefruit Greyhound Recipe2020-03-19
Easter is a celebration that comes with many traditions. The tradition includes colorful Easter eggs, the Easter Bunny, chocolates, and festivities where we get to invite friends over for a dinner party.
If you want to add color to your party, try preparing and serving the Lavender and Bruleed Grapefruit Greyhound cocktail. What makes this cocktail great for parties is that it is so pretty, it tastes heavenly, plus it is easy to make. What’s more, it goes well with many dishes and it only uses 2 ingredients – lavender-infused vodka and freshly squeezed Ruby Red Grapefruit juice. No one will believe you when you tell them that those 2 ingredients are what you used since your cocktail will look impressive and taste as good as it looks.
If you are ready to impress your guests follow the steps provided below and become an instant hit.
How to make a Lavender and Bruleed Grapefruit Greyhound
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 1 min
Yields: 1-10 servings
- 1.5 oz lavender infused vodka (per guest)
- 4-6 oz fresh squeezed Pittman & Davis Ruby Red Grapefruit juice (per guest)
- For the lavender infused vodka, add 4 tbsp dried culinary lavender to 2 cups of vodka. Cover and let sit for three hours, stirring occasionally. Strain through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth or a nut milk bag and store in the fridge. [This will be enough for a maximum of 10 drinks — if you plan on serving more, double the recipe].
- For the brûléed grapefruit garnish, sprinkle a thin coating of sugar onto grapefruit slices, then place under a broiler on high. Let broil until the sugar bubbles and edges blacken. Remove from oven and slice each round down the middle (so you have half a slice for each drink).
- For each cocktail, pour 1.5 oz of the infused vodka into an ice filled glass, then top with 4-6 oz of fresh grapefruit juice to taste. Stir in glass, then garnish with fresh lavender and a brûléed grapefruit slice.