Pittman & Davis Grapefruit Cake Recipe2021-02-25
Tangy grapefruit juice adds refreshing flavor to each bite! Top with a fluffy, whipped frosting, fresh mint and tangy-sweet red grapefruit slices for an elegant dessert.
- ⅔ c. butter, softened
- 1¾ c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. grated grapefruit zest
- ½ c. fresh grapefruit juice
- ¾ c. milk
- 3 c. sifted cake flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour two 9-inch pans. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and grapefruit zest. Beat in flour mixture alternately with grapefruit juice and milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.