Health Benefits & Uses for Peaches
Summer is peach season, and Pittman & Davis’s gourmet peaches are always a popular item! Known for their sweetness, our Georgia Peaches are the pick of early summer, while our Sweet Peaches take us through to fall with their delectable taste and “grillability.” But this pretty stone fruit is more than just a sweet and juicy treat – the modest-sized peach is a nutritional powerhouse, providing more than 13% of your daily recommended vitamin C intake, pumping up your immune system and helping your body to heal in just a single serving. Even further, peaches help your body rid itself of free radicals, those chemicals that have been linked to cancer.
Here are 6 ways peaches help keep you feeling your best:
- Peaches help keep your vision sharp. Beta-carotene (that antioxidant that gives peaches their lovely golden color) turns to vitamin A when you eat it. Vitamin A not only keeps your immune system going strong; it helps keep your vision strong, too.
- Peaches aid your digestion. A diet high in fiber can help prevent diabetes, colorectal cancer and heart disease, as well as keep you from becoming constipated. One medium-sized peach can hold up to 10% of your body’s daily recommended intake of fiber.
- Peaches can help you maintain a healthy weight. No saturated fat, no cholesterol, no sodium, and only 60 calories a serving? You bet peaches are a diet-friendly snack! Plus, since they’re high in both fiber and water, they’re a satisfying one, too, while their natural sugars may keep you from turning to a candy bar when you feel the need for something sweet.
- Peaches are high in vitamin E. If you’re allergic to nuts or just not a fan, you can still get plenty of naturally occurring vitamin E by eating a peach! As an antioxidant, vitamin E helps maintain healthy cells and, subsequently, a healthy body. Vitamin E can also help with poor eyesight, gout, and arthritis.
- Peaches may help keep your bones strong. That’s because they’re good sources of the mineral known as potassium (one serving = 247 ml), which plays many critical roles in the body – including the prevention of bone loss. By having fresh peaches delivered to a loved one, you’re delivering health in the form of a naturally occurring mineral that also helps lower blood pressure, reduces the risk of kidney stones, and off-sets the effects of a diet high in salt.
- Peaches may help keep your teeth healthy. Did you know peaches are sources of the mineral fluoride? It’s true – fluoride helps get rid of the germs in your mouth that cause cavities and turn your breath sour.
Ways You Can Use Peaches
Peaches can be enjoyed in so many ways; fresh eaten out of hand as a snack, topped with yogurt and granola for breakfast, grilled and added to your favorite salad, or glazed with honey and sprinkled in cinnamon for baking and topped with ice cream for dessert. They can also be baked into pies, preserved, chopped into chutneys…the possibilities are endless!
Peaches also make great gifts. Peach gifts from Pittman & Davis are always welcome because our peaches are always perfect when they arrive, fragrant, flavorful, and perfectly ripe. If you’ve been disappointed by store-bought peaches in the past, we guarantee you’ll be delighted when you buy peaches online from us – the only way to get fresher peaches is to pick them yourself!
When summer comes, add delicious, healthy peaches to your regular diet for your health and pleasure. They’re well worth it, and so are you!
Shop Fresh Food & Fruit Gifts
An incredible assortment of gourmet gifts, such as King Comice pears, smoked meats, cheeses, pastries, candies and many other specialty gift items. And, don’t forget, Standard Shipping is ALWAYS absolutely free!Shop Now