Cara Cara Orange Muffins Recipe2019-03-07
These tasty Pittman & Davis Cara Cara Orange muffins are perfect for dessert, breakfast or a nutritious snack anytime. Make a batch and watch them vanish in no time.
How to make Cara Cara Orange Muffins
- 2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Peeled and Diced Pittman & Davis Cara Cara Oranges
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cara Cara Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- Zest from 1 Cara Cara Orange
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a standard sized (12 muffin) muffin pan, prepare pan with paper muffin liners. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, combine vanilla extract, oil, orange juice, yogurt, egg, and mix well until smooth. Pour the blended liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Do not over-stir. Fold in the diced orange pieces. With a large spoon, add the batter to the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest and sugar. Crush the sugar and zest together with the back of a spoon and toss frequently to combine for one minute to create the topping. Sprinkle the topping evenly over each muffin, then bake for fifteen to seventeen minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean when muffins are done.