Moist, gooey, and so easy to make, this delightful dessert is yummy alone or served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This rich and dreamy recipe requires only one bowl to prepare and no mixer, so it’s easy to prepare, yet decadent enough for a company dessert or afternoon tea.
1 c. Pittman & Davis Bing Cherries, pitted
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. salt
¾ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl in microwave until melted (about 60 seconds). Add brown sugar; stir to combine. Add egg and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Add flour and salt; stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour batter into an 8″x 8″ pan lined with aluminum foil and greased with cooking spray. Smooth until batter is even.
- Bake until middle is set and edges pull slightly away from sides of pan (about 30 minutes).
- Remove pan from oven and cool for one hour. Slice into bars and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.