Just in time for Thanksgiving, this healthy recipe proves you don’t need to load sweet potatoes down with marshmallows and brown sugar for them to be delicious! Fresh orange juice and zest give this sweet-and-savory dish holiday flair that will be a hit with the whole family.
1 Pittman & Davis Navel Orange, juiced and zested
2 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ tsp. sea salt, divided
⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425° Lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Trim the ends off sweet potatoes and cut each potato into evenly sized cubes. Place in a large bowl and add zest, juice, oil, thyme, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Stir to coat potatoes well.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to baking sheet, discarding excess juice. Spread potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir, then bake an additional 10-15 minutes until browned and tender.
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt to taste and serve.