Baked Onion Dip Recipe2018-07-30
Onions may be relatively small, but they add big flavor to numerous dishes. Onions are used for everything from appetizers to main entrées. Onions can be sweet, savory, and are great either raw or cooked.
Before we move on to our recipe for today, let us talk about onions a bit more. The origin of our beloved onion is actually a bit obscure. Botanists, herbalist, and even archeologists have a hard time pinpointing exactly where and when onions were first discovered and used. The delicate nature of the onion’s flesh leaves little physical evidence behind. Most experts agree that onions originated from somewhere in central Asia and were cultivated as long ago as 5000 years.
In addition to their flavor, onions have other benefits as well.
- Onions are easy to grow
- Onions store well and remain fresh for longer than many vegetables
- Onions are durable and transportable
- Onions can be dried and preserved for later consumption
- Onions are Healthful
How to make Baked Onion Dip
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Ready In: 55 mins
- 2 cups Pittman & Davis 1015 Onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Meanwhile, use cooking spray on a 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise, onions cheese in a large mixing bowl. Pour the mixture onto the prepped baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is slightly brown. Serve hot with round, buttery biscuits or crackers.