Nectarine-Blueberry Crisp Recipe2020-07-24
Sweet, crispy, and healthy may not be what most of us find in some breakfast treats or satisfying desserts? Well, that is exactly what you are getting when you make Nectarine-Blueberry Crisp. With its buttery oats that are crunchy, caramel-like brown sugar topping, and fresh in-season fruits filling, you can never go wrong with this crisp. What’s more, it is so easy to prepare. You can eat it as is or you can serve it with ice cream on top to make it even better. You can also partner it with your favorite tea, juice, or smoothie – even with milk or coffee.
Now you can use seasonal fruits that offer the same amount of sweet-tooth gratification as other treats, but lessen calorie intake and let you go about your day with a guilt-free conscience.
How to make Nectarine-Blueberry Crisp
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 to 10 nectarines (about 3 lb.), sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups blueberries (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Make topping: Mix oats, flour, dark brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Using fingertips, a pastry blender or two knives scissor-fashion, cut in butter until pieces are size of peas and mixture is well combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375°F; butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Make filling: Combine nectarines and blueberries in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Mix well and pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over fruit and bake until brown on top and fruit is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack before serving.