Apple And Pear White Sangria Recipe2018-09-25
Traditionally, sangria is made by infusing red wine with citrus, berries, and other fresh fruit. White wine sangria, however, is a lighter take on the usual red wine sangria and it pairs well with crisp, tart fruits like Pittman & Davis Orchard Fresh Apples, and Pittman & Davis Comice Pears. Both of these fruits pair well with Moscato wine and will combine to make your white sangria a praiseworthy favorite.
How to make Apple And Pear White Sangria
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Ready in: 2 hours, 20 minutes.
- 1 750ml bottle chilled Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup room temperature lemon liqueur (lemoncello)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice from the 2 zested lemons (remove seeds)
- 1/4 cup white table sugar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 Pittman & Davis Fuji Apple, washed, cored, halved, and sliced thin
- 1 Pittman & Davis Comice Pear, washed, cored, halved, and sliced thin
- Sprigs of fresh mint (2 to 3 for pitcher / the rest for garnish)
- 1 – 12 oz. bottle unflavored club soda
In a medium sized bowl, add the lemoncello, lemon juice, lemon zest, white and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into a large pitcher. Add the chilled Moscato, apple slices, pear slices, 2 to 3 sprigs of mint, and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When serving, fill a white wine glass to ¾ full, top with a dash of club soda. Garnish with a mint sprig.